Tuesday 11 September 2012

#ATPGym

Weeks and weeks ago I became privy to Andy Titterrall's Performance Gym at Trafford MV Rugby Club. The gym is held on a Monday night and for the sum of £5 you can train like a rugby player.



Now being the delicate flower that I am, I was hesitant to attend, even though my gut was telling me "Go on! Give it a go!" Would I be able to keep up with the rest of them? Will I be alive at the end of it?

Andy himself, took the class but with his recent deployment to Edinburgh, the role of drill master was taken up by Chris Chudleigh of the head coach of The School of Hard Knocks.

Finally after weeks of umming and aaaahhhhing, last night, I bit the bullet and went to #ATPGym

It was brilliant. There was a mixture of ages and sexes and everyone was just plain nice. Sometimes you go to these sort of training sessions with other people and you can tell the ones that are a bit more fitter than yourself. This could lead to being self conscious. Not at ATP! Everyone was brilliant at encouraging everyone. Shouts of "Come on Jen... come on Louisa...Nice one Brian!" rang out and it spurred you on to complete the tasks such as
  • log carrying
  • dragging your partner along the grass
  • running
  • boxing
  • weights
  • tire jumping
  • tire lifting

Basically it was a lot of fun! Training with a difference. Granted stairs are not my friend today, I will return next week!
Plus if you were a Sale Sharks or Edinburgh rugby shirt, you get a discount!

No comments:

Post a Comment