Tuesday 19 June 2012

If you dont ask! You dont get!

Sale Sharks (@salesharksrugby) have been very good to me.

They gave me the opportunity to contribute to the online material for the Sale Sharks youtube channel.



Last season I made the "Meet the Fan's" videos. During the pre match gathering, I would go up to people and ask them questions... Who's their favourite player? What do you think of the move to Salford? Even get them to sing happy birthday to the players.

I enjoyed doing this because after filming them, I would get some extra banter. And in the long run, I made new friends. For example @SharkyMarky06, I first met him on twitter, through the brilliant hashtag #rugbyunited and then I got to meet him in person when I interviewed him for one of the videos.
Or Bruce and Barry, who I interviewed at the Saracens match and then seen them at the next two matches and had a lovely chat with.


And this all came from me tweeting at @SaleSharksRugby asking them if I could have some footage to edit to music.

Life lesson: Just ask! What's the worse that could happen? If they say no, move on. You haven't lost or gained anything.

Got to film a couple of player post match interviews as well!  
Cillian Willis being interviews by John Everton
 

No comments:

Post a Comment