Tuesday 19 June 2012

Salford City Stadium

Sale Sharks are moving from Edgeley Park to Salford City Stadium for the start of the 2013-13 season to share it with Salford Reds and I couldn't be happier.





I've been able to have a wonder round the grounds and I got to film the announcement. It's clean, covered and the toilets have seats on them!!! (Little pleasures)






Lucky for me, my flat is just across the road from a bus stop for the no.67 that can take me to within 2 minutes walk of the new stadium. Flat to seat took 30minutes and (I believe) £4.50 return ticket.
Apart from the obvious loud and obnoxious drunks on the bus, the transit was fine.

As a test run for the new season. I went to watch the Salford Reds take on the Catalan Dragons. All bets seemed to be for a Catalan win, and after the first 20 minutes you would of agreed but then they won! 34-30. Even though I was on my own watching it, the view from the stands was electric.
The moon was out and the lights from the Barton bridge made me think of something other worldly, like I was watching a scene from a Science Fiction film.
I have a South Stand Season ticket and judging from the the noise coming from the South Stand, it made me all more excited for the season to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment